About LA Sight
One of the interesting and thought-provoking things about the Internet is that you can’t necessarily tell much about the underlying business or people from their website. This is also true for medical care providers. That’s why we wrote this portion of the site – to give you a first-hand look at our office and our approach to care.
So, even though you’re only visiting ‘virtually’ (:->), welcome to our office!
LA Sight is a small 'boutique' office and laser center located in West LA, just off the 405 freeway at Wilshire. It was designed by Dr. David Wallace, LA Sight's medical director, and the Pasadena design firm Krake Studios .
There were several objectives in the design process:
- To create a warm, comfortable, relaxing, and patient-friendly space within which we can provide great care.
- To showcase the technology that we offer, and convey the elegance of vision correction surgery. Our laser suite is adjacent to the reception area, with windows that allow viewing of live surgery by friends, relatives, and other interested parties (if the person being treated is comfortable with this, of course!). This helps take some of the mystery out of the process, and supports our interest in and commitment to public accountability in the work that we do. If privacy is preferred or requested, that is easily accommodated.
- To achieve efficiency of design and function.
- To embrace the best of what technology can offer in eye care and vision correction, while retaining warmth and our people-friendly spirit.
- To convey our high standard of professionalism within a comfortable, attractive environment.
In any laser center, the laser may be the most visible and prominent feature that attracts attention. But the real story goes deeper. To achieve consistent results with the highest degree of safety, numerous other factors need to be in place. They include, and we have:
A dedicated team of meticulous detail-fanatics in the OR . We are passionate about the work that we do. We understand that people place great trust in us when they choose to have care at LA Sight, and we take that VERY seriously.
Carefully regulated air quality in the laser room. We use a very highly rated positive-pressure HEPA filtration system in ours. This cleanses the air in the laser room to the highest level possible for a medical environment. For the same reason, the laser room ceiling is a ‘hard lid’ (drywall and plastic laminate) that does not release microscopic particles the way that acoustic ceiling tile can.
Tightly controlled temperature and humidity . The tighter the temp & humidity range is maintained, the better the consistency of treatment outcomes. We have a separate, dedicated HVAC system just for our laser room.
Power backup . We are one of the few centers in California that has a high-capacity UPS unit on standby in case of a power outage. Though we wouldn’t start any eye surgery in the middle of an outage, we certainly would want to be able to finish any surgery that we'd already commenced.
Rigorous calibration of our laser, above the frequency recommended by the manufacturer.
Results Tracking that helps us refine, perfect and maintain our accuracy. See our Outcomes page, where we review a recent series of patients and their visual results.
Every safety precaution and quality control process that we know to be of benefit, we implement.
So, while the center may get compliments for its aesthetically pleasing design, the infrastructure and physical plant are very solid. We take great pride in running one of the ‘tightest ships’ in the laser business.