I can not begin to express how happy I am with my experience at LA Sight. Dr. Wallace and his staff are phenomenal, and they truly care about patient outcome and experience.
I began my search for the right LASIK surgeon after 3 friends had seen Dr. Wallace and had amazing results – and feedback! I met with Dr. Wallace and his team and I was pleased.
But, this was a huge deal for me, so I wanted to meet other surgeons and decide what and who was right for me. I met with 3 other surgeons before finally deciding to have Dr. Wallace perform the operation. The most critical factor in making this decision was that Dr. Wallace was the ONLY surgeon that met with me BEFORE the operation. How could someone expect me to say “Yes, here are my eyes, the vehicles of my primary sensory experiences, please use a laser on them” without meeting with me first? This is just ludicrous, and I commend Dr. Wallace for being available to meet everyone who walks into his office.
Other things that I impressed me with LA Sight were:
1. the fact that they used wavefront-guided lasers (I found that not all operations had this)
2. that Dr. Wallace was the only surgeon that used the laser (most operations had 2 or more surgeons using the same facilities)
3. Dr. Wallace’s outcome record – he is definitely at the top of his field
4. the LA Sight team – everyone is extremely talented, and I had a very thorough consultation, pre-op and 1-day post-op exam that ensured I would experience the best results
5. the fact that they did not try to sell me anything that I did not need (e.g., “guarantees” that offer very little other than a lighter wallet)
6. their clear explanation of safeguards they had in place should anything go wrong.
I felt like I was in very capable hands the whole time, and everyone did their best to make me feel comfortable.
Probably the coolest thing about the whole experience was going into the operating room and not being able to see a thing, and, less than 5 minutes later, leaving the operating room and being able to see clearly. I am still not over the awe that I feel when I think about how I can see without needing contacts or glasses.
This was definitely a great decision for me, and I would recommend anyone to Dr. Wallace and LA Sight.